We have established rules and expectations in order to build a culture where dance is central and everyone can reach maximum potential.
- Be on time. We value time - yours and ours. Students arriving more than 10 minutes late can join class at the discretion of the teacher. Please text the studio phone at 401-764-4757 to let the teacher know if something unexpected arises and your student will be late.
- Arrive in uniform with your hair done. Walking into the building dressed for the part signals the student and teacher that we have shifted modes and are ready to dance. No jewelry.
- Arrive with your body fueled. Consume snacks before entering the building. We recommend complex carbohydrates with moderate protein to fuel the body and stimulate focus. We are a peanut free facility. No gum.
- Leave cell phones and smartphones at home. Even a quick glance at notifications sends students “zooming” out of the process of fully experiencing dance. In order to strive for maximum potential, we need full attention and investment.
- In the event of an emergency or if you need to relay important information to your student (ex: Auntie is doing pick up instead or you will be a few minutes late for pick up), please text the information to the studio phone at 401-764-4757. The teacher will receive the message and relay the information to your student in a discreet manner.
- Observations are compulsory if injured. Injured students are expected to work the parts of their bodies that are not injured. Teachers will assist with necessary adaptations. If no movement is possible, students are expected to take notes. This builds adaptability, sharpens observation skills, and ensures that students continue to be engaged with the work and stay up to date on the material.
- “Use the loo before your cue!” Students should use the facilities at home/school before arriving at the studio. This reduces disruptions to class and minimizes the potential for sharing germs. If a student has a medical condition, please let us know, so we can make appropriate accommodations.